Most of us are familiar with couriers these days, they deliver our groceries, our clothes and our Amazon goods. Couriers are also becoming increasingly popular for sending items, a courier collection is quick, easy and convenient. But what if there was an even cheaper and even more convenient way to send your items? Drop off deliveries could be the service best matched to your needs.
What Drop Off Services do ParcelHero Offer?
With a standard drop off delivery, once you have dropped off your parcel, your courier arrives to collect it. The parcel then goes through the courier network until it is delivered to your chosen destination address. Before you book your delivery, you can choose to either have it delivered by courier or an even cheaper option: the recipient can collect the parcel from a drop off point near their address.
We work with the biggest and best names in the domestic and international courier business, each courier has its own drop off and collection centres around the world. This means that you can choose the best courier service for your specific needs including location.
How Do I Drop Off My Parcel?
- Securely package your item , make sure that you can’t hear anything when you shake your parcel. This means that you have packaged your item well
- Weigh and measure your parcel
- Enter your delivery details into ParcelHero.com. This includes delivery and collection addresses, weight and measurements and the contents of your parcel
- You will be shown a list of all available couriers and the services that they offer. Choose the drop off service that is best for you
- Choose the location/time/date of your drop off
- Enter the value of your parcel contents, you can also decide how much you want to insure your parcel and its contents for (we give you £50 insurance free)
- Print off your shipping labels and fix them securely to your parcel. Make sure that you don’t cover any bar codes with tape
- Take your parcel to the drop off point before your chosen time
- You can now track your parcel using the free tracking code that we provide you with
What Are the Benefits to Drop Off Deliveries?
- The available options for drop off deliveries and collections give you the most flexibility for your money
- Drop off collections and deliveries are cheaper than regular deliveries and collections
- Easier to fit in with family and work life
- Most delivery and collection points are open 7 days a week, while most couriers will not deliver all 7 days in a week
- There is no queuing, simply hand the staff your parcel and they will scan it and take it from you
- You don’t have to worry about making sure that you are home when the courier arrives
- Drop off and collection points are always found at the most convenient places. Often, they can be found in petrol stations, local shops, supermarkets and high street stores
- If you are ecologically minded, using drop off points also helps couriers cut down on their Co2 emissions